According to a report by the FDA, Americans spend about $4 billion on bottled water annually. This expenditure is rising steadily due to the deteriorating quality of municipal water.
Not only is bottled water harmful to the environment, but it also takes a lot of energy to produce. Thus, by buying bottled water, you leave a huge carbon footprint.
Many homeowners in Florida have resorted to purchasing a water filtration system. Investing in a filtration system comes with financial savings along with health benefits.
Cost of Bottled Water v/s Water Filter
Though bottled water seems to be relatively inexpensive, the cost increases over time. According to the Beverage Marketing Corporation, the average cost of a gallon of bottled water in the US is $1.22. If you consume one gallon of bottled water per day, that’s $446 per year.
On average, a water filtration system costs around $2,000, depending on its model and size. Since these systems last for 15-20 years. The annual cost could come to around $200.
Thus, even if you spend on repairs and upgrades of the water filtration system, it would still save you a lot of money.
Other ways a water filter helps you save money:
Savings doesn’t stop at eliminating the need for bottled water. Having a water filter in place means you don’t have to spend your hard-earned money on several other things..
- Reduces the need for appliance and plumbing repairs: Water heaters, dishwashers, and washing machines last up to 50% longer when soft water is used. Thus, you save hundreds of dollars on costly repairs.
- Saves money on cleaning products: With hard water, a large quantity of water is consumed to make the detergents lather. With a water filter, you can cut down your consumption of dish soap and other cleaning products.
- Optimize your utility expenses: According to the Water Quality Research Foundation, heating soft water can be up to 29% more energy-efficient than heating hard water. Thus, it will reduce your energy costs and save you a fortune in the long run.
- Minimal plumbing maintenance: Contaminated water can cause buildup in your pipes, leading to clogs. A water filtration system removes the scale over time and reduces the likelihood of plumbing issues.
- Reduces reliance on hair-care products: Various studies have shown that hard water minerals can lead to itchy skin, as well as brittle hair. By investing in a water filter, you need not spend additionally on moisturizers and other such products. Soft water will improve the quality of your skin and hair over time.
Investing in a water filtration system may seem like an added expense initially. However, it’s important to consider the long-term savings and benefits.
If you’re wondering about the different water filtration options available, it is recommended to consult an experienced water treatment company.
At CGC Water Treatment & Plumbing, we solve your water issues at the root level. Our team of experts will perform a comprehensive water test and provide you with accurate results. Depending on the quality of the water, we’ll recommend a suitable water filtration solution.
As your local Kinetico agent, we offer a range of affordable water filters across Florida, Michigan, and North & South Carolina. Whether you need water softening, filtration, purification, or any other treatment solution, we’ve got it all. We are committed to delivering outstanding results. Our courteous customer care team is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
We take pride in serving the residents and business owners with our water filters across Florida and Michigan. We have the expertise and experience to meet any of your water needs. Trust us to keep your water clean, healthy, and safe. Get in touch today!